Contributing to Redmond Python
We always welcome outside speakers. Talks generally range from 10-30 minutes. You can speak about anything related to Python, including:
- An application or script you’ve written: This can be as fundamental as it gets. If you’ve written a script and it’s solved a problem for you, we’d love to hear about it. It doesn’t have to be complicated or fancy, as we welcome all newcomers and experienced dev alike to share experiences.
- Frameworks you’ve used: Have you used a framework that you thought was cool or interesting? We welcome you to speak about frameworks and Python tools that you think others might want to learn about.
- Modules you’ve used: There are a ton of Python modules out there. We’ve love to hear about modules you’ve used in your work, no matter how small.
We’re open to any ideas! Message us on Meetup.com if you have an idea for talk you’d like to give.
This is a quick guide on how you can contribute to Redmondpython.com. We accept pull requests for all content on the site.
- For help with git commands and repository management, here is a quick intro to Git.
- You can also check out GitKraken - an intuitive client for Git.
The repository for this site is available here @ Github.
You will need Hexo. Running the instance locally is a simple:
$ git clone http://github.com/mkpt/rp2018.git
You should get the instance up locally at http://localhost:4040/.
Join us here!