Here are some tutorials and exercises to practice your new Python skills.
- Interactive Python: This includes some theory as well as some practical exercises.
- HackerRank: The mother of all exercise sites. Use Python 3 or 2.
- Python Tutorial from University of Waterloo: Follow the tutorial and run interactive code in your browser.
- Coding Bat: This is a series of short Python exercises that are great for quick practice. Create an account & log in to track your progress and access additional exercises.
These exercises and tutorials are in Python 2, but since they’re all browser-based you should be able to follow along regardless of what version of Python you use locally.
- Codecademy: This is part of Codecademy’s Intro to Python class. Again, you can create an account to track your progress and access additional lessons.
Remember the two main differences in Python 2 and 3:
# Printing in Python 2